Thursday, January 16, 2014

Inflation Calculator

I decided to do my free blog post this week on an inflation calculator I found online. I discovered this calculator when I heard my friend talking about how much he thought a certain item would cost in the early 1900's in terms of today's money. When I looked it up, I found the site very interesting.

For example, if you would like to know how much $5.00 in 1913 would be worth in 2013, you select 1913 in the first option box and 2013 in the second. Once you hit calculate, it will give you the result.
I was surprised to see that what seemed to be a very small amount of money, $5.00, was worth over $117!
Here is the link to the site if you would like to try it out yourself.

3 comments:

  1. I have always been curious about this topic, but I never actually bothered to look it up! I also tried it out myself and I'm surprised that $5 in 1913 is equivalent to $117.66 in 2013. I would have never expected one hundred years could have made such a huge impact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy when you see the difference in a few years. This scares me of what will happen in the future

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is crazy! 100 years make the world change a lot, of course the money. government need to found a got way to control the inflation.

    ReplyDelete